Going through the process of direct cremation in Yukon, OK, can be an incredibly challenging experience because it means the individual will have to start learning to live without the loved one. It can be painful to acknowledge the loss and trying to keep up on regular tasks might pose a challenge. Creating a meal train can help remove some pressure, especially if there are children in the household, so here are some ideas to help you get started.
Organizing a meal train isn’t a complicated process, but it takes specific steps to complete it. The first thing you are going to want to do is to speak with the household about their needs so you have all the details, and a few questions to ask are:
- -Are there any food preferences like vegetarians or vegans?
- -Are there any food intolerances or allergies to be aware of?
- -How many people are currently in the household that will need to be fed?
- -Is there a specific way the household will want to be notified when the meal is on the way?
- -What kind of cooking devices are in the house, such as a microwave or oven?
- -Will the household want to have a visitor with the drop-off?
Once you have these questions answered, you can begin organizing the meal train online or through email. You can involve others who want to participate in the plan, and they can sign up for specific days and meals to help the family.
In addition to this, you want to keep in mind when you are preparing food to make sure that it is done in a container that does not need to be returned to reduce extra stress for the individual or family.
There are some excellent recipes available on the Internet and here are just a few starting meal ideas to utilize.
- -Baked pasta like lasagna or spaghetti with garlic bread
- -Any form of casseroles with meats and veggies
- -Macaroni and cheese
- -Crockpot soups or chili’s
- -Baked pan of chicken and vegetables
- -Meats and rolls with condiments
- -Breakfast platter with items like croissants, bagels with cream cheese, and fresh fruit
- -Food baskets with specialized items such as cheeses and smoked meats
If the household has children, you might consider getting them a build your pizza option or purchasing foods specific for kids like chicken nuggets or finger foods. You also want to include beverages desert, and you could even add in a short note, or something personalized to let them know you care as an extra treat.
Experienced and Compassionate
Loss can be a challenging experience to go through, and if you require direct cremation in Yukon, OK, you might be wondering what your options are. We are a locally owned company that takes pride in offering affordable direct cremation services for all our clients. We will help you through the process step by step, so call us today if you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment.